Thursday, May 05, 2005

queasy

I’m not doing well.

Tonight was the spring concert for my son’s school. Being paradoxically a progressive school that is rather conservative, usually the musical selections are limited to expanding our cultural awareness of folkways around the world. Tonight started out no different. There was some African dancing, Chinese melodies, Peruvian songs, and then my son’s class played the theme from The Exorcist. Casey started out on some weird instrument called a Thurman where you wave your hands near it and it makes sound. It wasn’t working at first, so the concert came to a halt while two people kept trying plugs in various holes in the thing while my kid waved his arms around. The audience was laughing nervously, and I got progressively more hysterical. It was weird, funny, and downright odd. Eventually it started working, and Casey “played” it, then did some drumming and then went on to a keyboard.


I’m queasy. Why the hell is my son playing the theme from The Exorcist?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So come on then, any theories? Did you ask him directly? x