Thursday, January 26, 2006

the place between

I often find myself teaching clients how to use their breath as a fundamental meditational/magical tool. Bringing attention to their breath, I ask them to let what they need to take in and what they need to let go of come into focus. I then guide them to feel as they breathe how we are constantly taking in and constantly letting go, noticing how the place between can often equal the breathes themselves. I’m acutely aware that I’m in a time where what I’m letting go of seems to directly equal what’s coming in, and thankfully, there’s times when that place between the letting go and taking in comes sharply into focus as well.


Brigid (or Imbolc or Candlemas) is a cross-quarter pagan holiday, the place between winter solstice and the equinox. This Brigid, between the sharp grief of what’s been lost, and the almost dizzying gifts flowing in, I’m taking some time to celebrate that place between....and marveling once again on the power of three....the inhale, the exhale, the place between. Every year Brigid reveals herself to me in a new way. She is that point between the forge and the well, the inhale and the exhale, the loss and the gift, the winter and the spring. Has there ever been a year when I've felt this more acutely? Not in my memory. Thanks, triple goddess! You never cease to amaze me!

1 comment:

Reya Mellicker said...

Poetry exists between the forge and the well. That is so KEWL. Thanks, Deborah.