Monday, March 14, 2005

Reclaiming Feri

Things certainly are moving! In the last week or so I have crossed over some membrane into a different reality, a different sense of my world. A deep and profound reconciliation is occurring. I've been a priestess of Reclaiming and of Feri. Like I’ve said before, there’s been an intrinsic discomfort with both – and I’ve been somewhere between the worlds with both, not quite Reclaiming, not quite Feri. Events of the past few weeks have catapulted me into this new space, this taking on of what I actually am – a Reclaiming Feri witch, part of a tradition that has been gestating, that now begins to take form and find structure, that by naming, comes consciously into being.

Last summer, at Avalon witchcamp, Georgia and Susan had an encounter with the Goddess Brigid at Chalice Well. This encounter led to changing a spell that the Reclaiming community had been doing for years. Instead of collecting water from around the world and mixing it together and holding on to it as the pollutants became more and more concentrated, the water was poured back to earth, Brigid wanting us to keep things moving. Things are! I think this letting go of the polluted waters has been part of what has shifted perception and allowed myself, Reya, and others to recognize that we can let go of a powerful concentrated current we have been holding on to, to let it move out of us.

Years ago, wanting to deepen my practice, deepen my commitment to the mysterious ones, I asked for what was at that time called “second initiation”. Starhawk, Rose, Robin, Rocky(arachne at the time), Pandora, and Cybele were the only ones in Reclaiming who had passed thru the gate of this initiation – and I name them in what I am pretty sure is order of lineage. This initiation was not openly discussed in Reclaiming, it had an almost secret quality, and when I asked, I had no idea what it really entailed, only like the fool, I was ready to start a new spiritual journey, ready to leap off the cliff.

I’ve been on that journey now for ten years or more, and I recognize that on this journey I have a have moved thru every card of the major arcana. As fate would have it, the night of my birthday was truly the World card, a culmination of the journey that started when I took that leap so many years ago to ask for this “second initiation”. I had no idea when I started this blog that the leap I was taking would be so profound… or that the journey which was beginning was Reclaiming Feri.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd really like to hear more about this. also, there's been an interesting discussion on LJ about it on Karina's journal loveandpower