Monday, March 21, 2005

hard rain

It's really raining today. The soft spring rain of the weekend has turned into a deluge. It is pouring. I'm thinking of the fetid waters of the world that got poured out on Brigid. I'm thinking of the Inanna chant that I sang so much in the years leading up to my son's birth. "pour it out for me, pour it out for me, all you send me I will drink". That song is rarely sung at Reclaiming rituals now. I now know that if you ask for it to be poured out, it will be. There has been a lot to absorb. There still is.

What a relief to have the waters of the world be poured out....to keep the water moving. This spell is working in me and on me. There is a sea change at hand, everything moving and shifting and changing. And meanwhile, this hard rain is falling.

No comments: