Saturday, February 26, 2005

power point

This morning was the power point class of the iron pentacle I am teaching with my housemate, Fern. For the most part, the students do not seem interested in the energy body of local Reclaiming - most don't even go to the public rituals. Every one I find interesting, and each brings something particular and valuable to the mix. There is kindness, humour, and a gentle smiling energy in the room. And yet, many have been fearless (and some fearful yet courageous!) in sharing hard truths about themselves. There is depth here, there is beauty.

I am thinking and feeling hard right now on what I in fact am teaching...on what I am passing on. I am a priestess of Reclaiming and Feri - and both I am uncomfortable with, both feel like ill fitting garments at times, both have wraiths and energy bodies attached to them that can be harmful and ill willed. Is it possible to pass on teachings and not pass on these wraiths, demons, and energy bodies? I am looking at my students closely, who will be drawn to those powers that tend to drive Feri practioners mad and make some Reclaiming priestesses tear each other up, all the while demanding silence from the circle of witnesses?

There is something I am giving these students that I stand behind, that feels right and true. What is it? Perhaps it is simply the questioning attitude, having them question and poke at all the teachings. Why just three souls? What would they name the different souls? As I write this, I realize how important it is for me to teach students to question the energy bodies of traditions...to notice the shadows and what happens when those shadows are named. What is also clear is that I am at the point that I don't feel allegiance to either tradition...it's not what I really want to pass on. Does that help in not passing on the dangerous currents? I don't know. More questions than answers, as always!!!

No comments: