Saturday, November 15, 2008

blue light




Last night, as my spouse and I were driving across the city to go to my son's football game, we passed city hall. It was bathed in blue light. We'd never seen this before, and both wondered what it meant. To me, it looked like our city hall was lit with the blue fire I learned way back when to cast circles with, the blue fire of magic. It felt strange, it felt out of the ordinary, it felt a little weird. Magic can be like that.

Today I will be getting on my bike and riding over to city hall to take part in standing up for my unalienable rights with queers and our allies across the country. I know now why the city hall was bathed in blue light. It is the blue light of transformation. It is the blue light of magic. And it is spreading.

4 comments:

Livia Indica said...

You go girl!! I thought of you when I found out about the vote. I wasn't surprised about my neighbor state Arkansas but you could've knocked me over with a feather when I read about the California vote.

Kat said...

That particular blue is also the color of JUSTICE. I used to wear it every time I went to court...

*hugs*

Geoffrey D. Stewart said...

Oak,

May I add you to the list of "others blogging for GLBT civil rights" on my blog? Your entries are compelling and powerful.

Peace,
Pax / Geoffrey

Geoffrey D. Stewart said...

Tag! You're IT!!

Hello,

And welcome to the Chrysalis Must-Link's Holiday Meme 2008! Your Mission, should you choose to accept it, will be…

1. Surf to Chrysalis, One Witches Journey
http://chrysalis1witchesjourney.wordpress.com/

2. Click on the ‘Links!’ button in the Pages in the Book of Leaves box in the upper right hand corner.

3. Poke around there briefly

4. In both the comments section of your blog where this message was posted, and in the comments section of the Chrysalis Links page, leave a list of 3 must-link links for the list, and 3 people you are tagging.

I am tagging Deborah Lipp, Oak, Executive Pagan, Dianne Sylvan, and Sannion!

Peace,
Pax
http://chrysalis1witchesjourney.wordpress.com/
and
http://gaymarriageorsomethinglikeit.blogspot.com/