Thursday, February 14, 2008

ecstacy of spirit amidst paper doilies

Sing, feast, dance, make music and love, all in My Presence,

for Mine is the ecstasy of the spirit

and Mine also is joy on earth.

For My law is love is unto all beings.

from The Charge of the Goddess


I've always liked Valentine's Day. As a child, I associated the blooming of the red and pink in stores and on shelves with the coming of my birthday. For many years my birthday cake was a cake shaped like a heart that a local bakery only did during early February. I love Valentine's Day because I actually do connect it to the feeling of being loved.

So, today, I relish the feeling of being loved and of loving. May all beings feel love and may all beings love. Is there any better law than love?

The world today is my valentine. Happy Valentine's Day, and may it bring ecstasy of the spirit and joy on earth.

1 comment:

Mercury Redbone said...

Wow, I love that valentine! That's an amazing image.