Friday, August 24, 2007

they pull me back in



"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in", says Michael Corleone in Godfather III. It's damn hard to leave a family, especially a Mafioso family, and Michael never succeeds. This is his story. And in some ways, it's my story too. His family was involved in organized crime. Mine disorganized religion.

I can't seem to leave Reclaiming. Here I am in Seattle, in a big house with a gaggle of witches. We aren't a coven, but after this week we will have formed a magical bond, hopefully deep. We spent yesterday planning the night rituals for witchcamp. As I sit here, I can hear laughter and the soft chatter of people enjoying each other. It's going well. So far working together is easy and there is a good creative flow. Soon we will be packing up to drive up above Vancouver. Witchcamp begins tomorrow.

Most likely I will be off line until after labor day. I'm thinking about why I continue to be pulled back in, and why too I sometimes want to get out. Reclaiming and Remaining seem to be my story. This week, I plan to embrace it.

4 comments:

Beth Owl's Daughter said...

Follow the Yellow Brick Road!

Have a fantastic time, Oak! Give my love to Jean and Firefly, and may the delight and surprise of splendid magic embrace you in Love!

Anonymous said...

Just because you like to play there does not mean you have to be in the club.

At least two of the people who signed the incorporation papers for SpiralHeart, "A Spiritual Community in the Reclaiming Tradition", did not consider themselves Reclaiming Witches at the time they signed the papers. ;>

-steward

Johanna-Hypatia said...

Ay cummari! Stick around a while... I baked some biscotti.

eda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.