Sunday, July 10, 2005

surfacing

I’m surfacing. It’s been an amazingly chock full last couple of weeks. Patti, Karl and Colin moved out soon after solstice and their flat is empty, awaiting the massive remodeling that Ilyse is planning. Soon after they left, my son came back from New Mexico and brought along his cousin, who stayed for a week. They went to Chinatown and came back with a variety of things that go boom and stink. Our neighborhood always sounds like a war zone around the 4th of July, and the boys added to it. Gus the dog took to literally climbing the fence to escape. Casey is now in Oregon with his dad, and I’m alone in my house. Fern and Ilyse have not come back yet from the wedding we were all at this weekend in Mendocino. There’s no bombs going off, the neighborhood is settling down, this house is settling down, and after a series of stressful events, I committ myself to settling down as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear it, Oak. I really look forward to seeing you next weekend in Portland; amazing how many miles we have to go sometimes to catch up with a friend who lives only a short distance away.

Love,
Anne

Reya Mellicker said...

I'm glad you're back! Welcome!!

love,
Reya

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! x