Thursday, August 07, 2008

mission accomplished!

I love it when magic works!!! And it always does. I especially love it when the fates/elements dance along with me in the way I requested on the multi-versal dance card…only just a tad more delightfully. Yes. That happened last weekend.

From Friday night to Sunday afternoon I was with a group of my friends in Sonoma planning the restorative retreat – A Fool’s Journey – that we are creating for right after fall equinox. My wish was that the planning session contain within it what we intend the restorative to be; both deeply satisfying and restorative. Check!!!! Mission Accomplished!

Somehow we managed to question and theologically pull apart everything we usually do in ritual and at witchcamps, put it back together in ways that suited all of us, open to inspiration and watch it come, take that inspiration and plan several rituals , structure the retreat and when things would be offered, swim, read, go on walks, cook, and feast. And somehow, doing all of this was profoundly easy, spacious, and relaxing.

A swimming pool and a nicely appointed kitchen really helped. Not to mention the many allies that were swirling around, happy to help us in our work. Below is a picture of the swimming pool at the retreat center. It somewhat resembles the pool we were in and out of all weekend.

So…now my wish/intent is that the actual retreat be as easy, spacious, and relaxing as our planning weekend. It’s on your dance card, multi-verse! I’m prepared to be delighted.

It was a darn good Lammas. Completely delicious.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I would like R and I to graduate from the office to one of your delicious retreats please!

Cat said...

I wish I'd known of this sooner, oh well next year perhaps.