Thursday, January 12, 2006

Reya's brilliant invite

WHAT: A Bloggers (Silent) Poetry Reading

WHEN: Anytime February 2, 2006

WHERE: Your blog

WHY: To celebrate the Feast of Bridgid, aka Groundhog Day

HOW: Select a poem you like - by a favorite poet or one of your own - to post February 2. I don't imagine zillions of bloggers will partake of this online celebration of midwinter, but I am curious to see who is called to join this project, and especially curious to read the poetry that gets published.

RSVP: If you plan to publish, will you either leave your blog address as a comment on this post, or send me an email? I'd like to collect the poems. Goldpoppy.blogspot.com

Whether or not the groundhog sees his shadow, there will still be many more weeks of winter following February 2. I think it would be nice to have a bunch of bloggers' choice poetry to read until the spring thaw.

Feel free to pass this invitation on to any and all bloggers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea! I will definitely be joining in and will repost Reya's invite to my own blog ASAP. x

Anonymous said...

Oooh, what a cool idea! I'd love to join in, and I'll spread the word along, too...

Freyalyn said...

Thank you for sharing - a lovely idea. Wish I'd come across it before. (http://freyalyn.livejournal.com/73485.html)